Most Important Links
Project Foundry – Track your projects here.
Edmentum — Complete your background research here.
List of project ideas – This link will take you to the Tagos Leadership Academy website’s list of project topics created by the study body.
List of product ideas – Want to move beyond making posters to demonstrate your learning? Check out this list of product ideas, compiled by other PBL students.
List of reading product ideas – This list offers options for the product of your Independent Reading Project; talk with your advisor about which you’d like to choose.
EasyBib – Use this site to create a bibliography for all of your projects.
BrainFuse – Use your own or the school’s Milwaukee Public Library log in information to access free tutoring and work help.
Prezi – Log in to the full site on a computer in order to have greater ability to personalize your Prezis.
Google Docs – Use this as your primary document creation and editing resource. Access your documents with the app on your iPad or online.
Google Sheets – Use this to create spreadsheets on your iPad or on a computer, including charts, graphs and tables to display your data.
Google Presentation – Use this to create and edit presentations on your iPad or on a computer. Share your presentation and collaborate with group members!
Google Forms – Use this to create surveys for gathering information related to your projects. Make sure to have your survey proofed by your advisor before sending!
Next.cc – A great place to search for project starters by topic.
Learn PBL – A compendium of project-based learning processes and project ideas.
Science Buddies – Step-by-step instructions for creating a wide variety of science projects.
ChemSense – Step-by-step instructions for how to conduct your own Chemistry activities as part of a larger Chemistry project.
Exploring Space Through Math – Earn high school math credit by learning about space and the hands-on application of Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, and Precalculus.
Math Project Ideas – 160 math project ideas organized by topic.
How Stuff Works – Ever wonder…? A great place to find project ideas.
TEDEd – Short, interesting videos that make great project starters.
Pinterest – A visual discovery tool that lets you find project and product ideas based on your own searches.
Teaching a People’s History – A great place for project starters related to Social Studies.
PBS POV – Use activities and video clips from PBS’ Point of View series as a stand-alone project or a starter to a larger project.
What Should I Read Next – Not sure what to read next for your Independent Reading Project? Type in the last book you finished and get a list of books you might like.
High School Reading List – Not sure what to read? Check here for the latest recommendations for teens from the Milwaukee Public Library.
Duolingo – Free online language study for working on your World Languages credit.
Resources for Research and Learning
Open Culture – Free educational resources such as video lessons, e-books, online textbooks, audiobooks, and more.
OER Commons – A compendium of online textbooks.
Coursera.org – Take the world’s best courses online, for free.
Project Gutenberg – Free e-books of all kinds.
CK-12 – Math and science practice and interactives.
Khan Academy – Did you know that Khan Academy is more than just math? Check out their other videos in areas such as Science, Economics and Finance, Arts and Humanities, and Computer Programming.
Librivox – Free public-domain audiobooks.
Physics Central – Online comic books related to physics concepts.
For Families of Students with Special Needs
Escuela Verde proudly supports students with special needs through our Special Education Program. Families with a child in our Special Education Program may find the following resources helpful:
- Steps to Success / Pasos hacia el Éxito
- Developing Your Child’s IEP / Desarrollando el IEP de Su Hijo
- Communication Options for Families / Opciones de comunicación para familias
If you would like to view your student’s progress on Project Foundry, ask their advisor to set up a coach account. Once your account is set up, you may log into Project Foundry here:
Students and advisors use these forms to track progress throughout the school year.
During Home Study, students use this form to make a plan and track work completion.
Click on the links below to learn about Summer Programs:
- The Princeton University Summer Journalism Program
- Discovery World Summer Camp and Teen Workshops
- Jobs and Internships for teens with the Urban Ecology Center
- Milwaukee Recreation’s Summer Recreation Enrichment Camps
- Summer Youth Dance Company and Camp for Teens
Click on the links below to explore college and post-secondary resources:
- College Possible employs coaches who help teens prepare for college and go through the application and financial aid processes.
- City Year corps members spend a year volunteering in schools in various cities (including Milwaukee!) around the US, and many volunteers have the opportunity to receive an Americorps ed award for college.
- Public Allies is another member of the Americorps network. Corps members spend their year of service working for a non-profit in one of many cities (including Milwaukee!) around the US.
- Educator’s Credit Union offers a College Planning Guide that lists resources for finding scholarships, applying for financial aid, and general college planning. Click the above link for the PDF, or go to an ECU or come into EV and ask for a paper copy.
- Parent Support Guide created by OnlineColleges.net can be useful for incoming college freshman and their parents as they go through the college application process.
This page features our current listing of available school downloads. You may view/save any of our downloads by clicking one of the following links below:
- 2019-2020 Parent Survey (English) (Spanish)
- 2019-2020 Printable Application (English) (Spanish)
- 2018-2019 Child Find Notice (English) (Español)
- Parent Involvement Plan (English) (Español)
- Restorative Justice Policy (English) (Español)
- 2019-2020 Full Text Student Handbook (English) (Español)
- 2019-2020 Escuela Verde Calendar (English) (Español)
- EV Case for Support (PDF)
- Accountability Reports (2013-2014) and Educational Options